Thursday, February 25, 2010

Solving Radical Expressions.




MONSTER QUESTION. ahhh.
okay.
When i first looked at this question I was so confused and I didn't know where to start.
So I remembered what Mr.Cheng says about taking it one step at a time.
and start with little and work your way up. This is what I did
1. The first thing I did was get rid of the negatives. You do this by flipping them.
2. You distribute the exponent outside of the brackets
3. You are left with a fraction exponent so you distribute those too on the numbers.
4. Then you distribute the fraction exponent of the variables and turn the squares and exponents of the numbers into a number.
5.The square roots of the variables cancelled each other out and the exponent can both be divided by 2.
and then you have your answer.
YAY. not so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment