Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tower of Hanoi

describe the strategy and the formula for the puzzle Tower of Hanoi
Embed a screen shot of the completed puzzle with 5 dics

To some, The Tower of Hanoi puzzle may seem like just another, regular, for fun game but really it is a challenging math puzzle that involves skill and strategic thinking in order to be solved. During math class we got the chance to try it out. It harder than it seems.

The first time I tried doing this it took me over a hundred times. It was until Mr. Cheng explained that there was a strategy to it that I started to think. I had not even considered the option of there being a strategy to it.
The strategy I came up with throught out my various attempts at trying to do this puzzle is that is to pile the first 4 in the middle first then move the 5th disc to the other side and pile the 4 on top.





No comments:

Post a Comment